April 12, 2008

Newseum

Free museum? Sure! Go to Washington D.C. and you'll enjoy bunch of them. But not Newseum! The admission is $20 for adult except the opening day on Apr. 11th. So I definitely cannot miss this chance! Pity that my sweetie cannot come with me because he has more important thing to do: work!

Obviously quite a lot of people think the same as me. Long line queuing outside the museum but who cares? It's free! Each one of us got a Newseum visitor guide which indicates the visitor path, exhibit highlights and each floor map. The booklet still has a lot to improve to be as good as other competition.

Taking the all-glass express elevator is a new experience to me because this OTIS made elevator is the biggest glass elevator I've ever taken though not steady enough as I expected from the brand.


It calls itself the world's most interactive museum, well I don't know about that but I found the Interactive Newsroom the most interactive area of the whole museum.
And the most impressive galleries for me are: Berlin Wall Gallery, Big Screen Theater, News History & Journalists Memorial.

I believe I could spend the whole day in this $450 million built museum if it's not so crowded. It will be fun to read those old time news and media development history. However I did my best spending 3 hours exploring this and that until satisfied.

I'm just curious which city of the world has the most museums ever and what other themes will be taken for the future new museums... Anyway D.C. must be in the top list for sure.

After Newseum, I went to National Gallery again. This time I focus more on Spanish painters like El Greco, Velázquez, Murillo. Not many works there but still good enough... Since it's a Friday there are some painters simulating the masterpieces.

Oh... so nice the spring is here and I can smell it everywhere. It's time to plan many activities to welcome us back alive... OLE!

No comments: