August 28, 2008

Frank Lloyd Wright's Monona Terrace

Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center is in Madison, Wisconsin, very close to the State Capitol and facing the Monona Lake.
Such a great spot for residents, travelers to take some rest and enjoy a fantastic lake view.

I visited every day while we stayed at Madison. No matter reading, writing, eating or doing nothing, it is a very welcoming center for me in the city.

I never imagined that Madison is such a quiet and neat place. My limited knowledge to Wisconsin was only their dairy business thanks to the TV series "Spin City". Hahaha

Frank Lloyd Wright was born here in Wisconsin and has become the best well-known master of the American modern architecture. This is the 3rd design of Wright that I've seen after Guggenheim and Falling Water. I do not know much about architecture but his design is really inspiring as how he balanced what he creates with the big nature. I'm very looking forward to seeing more works of his in Chicago Oak Park.

No comments: