November 5, 2008

Go to play FREE RICE to help end hunger

"For each answer you get right, we donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger." ~ Free Rice website

http://freerice.com/index.php

FreeRice has two goals:

  1. Provide education to everyone for free.
  2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.
Go! Go! Go! And PLAY!!!

So far I have tried 7 categories:

1. I started with English vocabulary, I was not doing very well and sometimes asked the help of my husband, so very soon I skip it to the next one.

2. Spanish vocabulary: Oh My God! That is so easy and within a few minutes I reached to the highest level (level 10).

3. Famous Paintings: I thought I am good but it is more difficult than I imagined. I went up to level 6 and then down to level 2 by guessing wrong some unfamiliar works for me. After half an hour or more, I finally got to level 8 when I really felt exhausted by that. However, I enjoyed it as well, so I will come back to train myself on this subject later.

4. World Capitals: I am good in Europe and Latin America but quite bad in Southeast, Africa and Middle East. And after a while I lost the interest and moved to the next one.

5. Identify countries on the map: this is fun but frankly speaking I have a lot to learn on this too. hahaha

6. Mathematics Multiplication table: Oh My God. This is totally designed for 10 years old kid. So if you are not good at all the above subjects, go to this one and it definitely will help a lot with high speed to get tons of rice to help end the hunger.

7. English grammar is a easy one too though I missed some grammatical details when did the answers.

And today my contribution to that is 12420 grains of rice!

You may go to "options" to Remember my personal rice donation total from the last time I played when I start FreeRice.

This is an awesome website to play, learn and to help. Hope everybody enjoys it.

No comments: