February 20, 2010

Chinese New Year Celebration

I really feel I spent more traditional CNY in USA than in Taiwan. :P I mean after I grew up to an adult.

Though I still remember how happy I was with new clothes and new shoes and how fun was the firecrackers in CNY when I was a little girl, it had been a long long while that I hadn't felt that joy anymore when it became only a short break after busy & consuming work.

In 2008 and this year I participated the Chinese New Year Celebration in D.C. Chinatown and Bethesda Library respectively. And I've got to say it's so much fun. Not only the lion dancing but also the live performance of how Chinese spend the New Year holiday with all kinds of meaningful actions.

The library was so crowded with people and I couldn't finish watching because I needed some fresh air. :P Husband was too naughty to participate as I wish but he used the library facility to finish something he's been wanting to. In Hands-on experiences on Chinese Arts, I asked a lady teacher to write his name in Calligraphy and he really loves it, so when we back home, he put that red sticker with his name on his desk to be able to see it all the time. :)

I was also very happy to see a few friends of mine coming too, esp one friend that I've seen for half a year. She told me she's gonna return to her country by this year end for good. Oh No, two friends to see off in 2010. :( Anyway, there is no banquet that never ends. Good memories always leave in mind.

OK, now I think I need to start practicing my calligraphy. Mom and sis both have practiced quite a while. Next year when I return to Taiwan, I definitely need to show them some work of mine. :S


No comments: