February 14, 2010

Who doesn't love tapas?

We were very happy to be invited to a dinner party by Spanish friends X & A. I can't remember whether I told my husband how much I liked tortillas de patats when studied in Spain but when he tasted that first bite, he understood my reason. :)

The pimientos del piquillo rellenos is very unique tapas and they told me it's from Navarra. Hahaha I am not sure if I tried it before but I do remember there are a lot of peppers in that province. Thanks for recalling my terrible memories which are fading so fast now and then. :P

And patatas bravas has very humorous name because I am not sure if those potatoes are braves or not. Suppose they are because they need to be deep fried and then be poured the red paprika on it (is that metaphor of blood? I don't know. :P)

The authentic paella valenciana is the 2nd time I saw Spanish friends cooking in front of me. We were really impressed by the way of making it, definitely not the same as what we see from internet recipes. :D Husband loved how the rice being so well cooked and he said he needs to make improvement on that. Well, the secret might also be the pan that does a lot of works on heating the ingredients more evenly. Not sure if we should invest on that? I finally know how to cut off an artichoke. X said it's good for liver so I think I should cook it in the future for our liver's sake. :P

And the feta cheese salad is so fresh and delicious that from now on I will know how to prepare it thanks to A's recipe sharing with me. :)

Wonderful food and wonderful wine and friends. We spent a terrific night together and it's also Chinese New Year. What a coincidence. I hope they will stay in USA as long as possible. :P

Oh I forgot to mention their naughty sons. A & P are adorable and we loved watching them being aggressive attacking the food though that made their parents a bit preoccupied. :)

I think everyone loves tapas, but tapas are especially delicious when have them with great Spanish friends. :D

No comments: