December 29, 2008

My favorite desesrt: Rice Pudding (Arroz con leche)


I usually do not like sweets too much but if you ask me what is my favorite dessert, I would say: Rice pudding ("arroz con leche" in Spanish).

When I traveled to Spain, I always ordered this dessert in restaurants and try it cool. It is a very delicious dessert especially for summer time.

So I checked out recipes on internet and found this one: http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001427rice_pudding.php

This afternoon I tried to make it the first time and it really needed some patience to stir the rice continuously, at least for 30 mins. The result was not bad at all and my husband ate the half of it before I put it into the frig. He said it is delicious and very healthy and good for our future kids.

As to my judgment, I think it is too thick and maybe don't need the whole milk but half milk will be good enough with less rice. And though I cooked with the time instructed in the recipe, I feel next time should cook with a bit more time to let rice softer for a better taste.

Well, it is very easy to make and I believe I'll make it very often from now on.

No comments: